||Home > Student Services > Letter of Verification > Social Security Number
Social Security Number
If you are an F-1 student and eligible to work on campus, you must provide a letter from your designated school official that:
- Identifies you;
- Confirms your current school status; and
- Identifies your employer and the type of work you are, or will be, doing.
We also need to see evidence of that employment, such as a recent pay slip or a letter from your employer. Your supervisor must sign and date the employment letter. This letter must describe:
- Your job;
- Your employment start date;
- The number of hours you are, or will be, working; and
- Your supervisor’s name and telephone number.
If you are an F-1 student authorized to work in curricular practical training (CPT), you must provide us your Form I-20 with the employment page (page 3) completed and signed by your school’s designated official.
If you are an F-1 student and have an Employment Authorization Document (EAD Form I-766 or I-688B) from DHS, you must present it.
If you are a J-1 student, you must provide a letter from your sponsor. The letter should be on sponsor letterhead with an original signature that authorizes your employment.
Follow us at: