CISP Center for International Studies & Programs Logo
Skip Navigation LinksSkip Navigation Links

Info for Academic Units

Academic units may sponsor J-1 scholars in the capacities of visiting professors, research scholars, or short-term scholars. Sponsoring international scholars does not mean the department is responsible for financially support the scholar, although in some instances they may provide a stipend for teaching a class or for providingthe unit a particular service (e.g. collaborative research).

Every visiting scholar should secure a letter of invitation from a sponsoring academic unit. The letter must come from chair or dean, stating the intention to host the scholar in the department. Connections to academic departments usually come through CSUSB faculty or via an established MOU.

For more information please contact Rueyling Chuang at 909-537-5193 or via email:

For questions about requesting a J-1 visa, please visit the J-1 New Application(hyperlink) or contact Elanor Perry at 909-537-5193 or via email:


Follow us at:

CISP Facebook Link CISP YouTube Link CISP Skype Link