||Home > Student Services > Employment > Curricular Practical Training
Curricular Practical Training (CPT)
BEFORE YOU REQUEST AN CURRICULAR PRACTICAL TRAINING (CPT)
- Must be in F-1 status for at least (9) months of continuous enrollment
- Must be part of the student’s academic program and be directly related to student's field of study
- Must be enrolled for 12 units for undergraduates or 8 units for graduates
- Must have a minimum 2.0 GPA for undergraduates or 3.0 GPA for graduates
- Must be authorized by Center for International Studies and Programs
- Review the CPT FAQs and Application.
- Obtain a letter from employer (on company letterhead) stating working hours per week, beginning and end dates, and a brief job description.
- Must be enrolled in an internship class – or – List necessity in the university catalog/department handbook as necessary - or – Obtain a letter from an academic advisor stating how the position enhances the student's educational goals
- The goals and objectives of the specific academic training program;
- A description of the academic training program, including its location, the name and address of the training supervisor, number of hours per week, and dates of the training;
- How the academic training relates to the student's major field of study; and
- Why it is an integral or critical part of the academic program of the student.
Follow us at: